Thursday, December 3, 2009

Random Top-Five Rant.

Today's not even over yet and I've already got several things to get off my chest. I think, perhaps, a little ranting list will help keep the issues in check...sort of.

1. Some oddly shaped girl, who probably drives a Prius (Prius owners always seemed to be as oddly shaped as their cars), who happens to also be a drama teacher at another school, was presenting along with her group today in my creative writing class. When I raised my hand to comment, she listened to me for all 10 seconds (maybe 15, tops) and then stopped me and continued onward.

She didn't even hear me out nor did she let anyone else in her group say/do anything, except for what she had planned, most of which was only her talking. She even stopped some of her group members during the presentation because it wasn't what she wanted. It pissed me off to the point of almost walking out of the class and cussing her out. Bitch!

2. Just found out that Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 doesn't come out in theaters until November 19, 2010! I knew it would be a while before it came out, but I didn't think it would be that long! Although it's quite trivial I still hate waiting between movies. Sure, the books are a fantastic read, but I like the movies too. I'm from New Jersey, so I'm allowed to be a little impatient at times.



3. I learned today that the happiest reported group of people in America is married men. While the unhappiest reported group of people in America is married women. Weird right?

4. Miree's birthday is coming up and I have to figure out what in the hell to get and/or make for her. For now, I nonchalantly stuck one of my two copies of New Moon in her hand bag with the hope that she will find herself bored and curious to read it. I may have preached to her a little bit prior to the stealthy purse slip about how amazing the whole series is, even for someone who doesn't like to read and how it changed my perspective on so many things. I've got my fingers crossed on this one!

5. I really miss Ben! This whole physical separation (2,500 miles) is really annoying the fuck out of me. I just want to be able to crawl into bed next to him every night and not have to worry about the fact that he'll be returning home soon.

Okay, I'm done for now.

As you were.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that my home is with you, and I'm sort of on an involuntary leave at the moment.

Don't worry about that Prius owner - it's probably the first and last time she'll have anything close to a spotlight.

As for the Deathly Hallows, this gives you time to finish the last book! =P

As for Miree, I hope she reads it too - I have a feeling she won't. Maybe you should have left her with ecplise, since she already sorta knows what's going to happen in New Moon. I can't see her being able to resist reading that.

When we finally are together again, I know we'll both make the best of it, my love. It is not in the nature of people like us to be patient, even when we know the agony of a temporary absence seems trivial compared to the future we're preparing. Knowing you'll have a grand feast in 6 months does nothing for one's hunger now, and we both seem to be insatiable. ;)

Love,

Ben

Lauren B. said...

Just hurry up and come back to me!