Saturday, December 5, 2009

Memory Lane.

"I hate Friday's!" Ben proclaims, chagrin deep in his tone. "Everyone's out tonight and I'm stuck at home, wanting to go to Wawa and pick up some egg nog".

The word Friday sparked an immediate idea to brighten up his mood. And mine too, for that matter. So I click around a little bit and find myself at YouTube's beck and call: "yeah I need this song for my beloved, do you have it?" Seconds drift by, going unnoticed, and out comes my answer: Montell Jordan's This Is How We Do It.

Laugh, it's okay.



But seriously, this is such a great song and it always puts you in a great mood. It's one of those bring you back to the 90's when life seemed a lot less complicated because you were too young to notice otherwise songs.

After listening to this song, I stumbled upon a slew of old songs that I used to love back in the day. And by back in the day I mean during middle and high school. With each new song came the spark of a different memory. Weird how songs and smells can do that to you, huh?

Anyway, I've decided to make a list of the songs and post them on here with hope that they will take you down memory lane just as they did for me.

The list is soon to come!

No comments: